Charges to be Paid by Residents
- Boarding Fee or Rent
- Utility and Other Charges
Boarding Fee or Rent
Overseas students are charged a boarding fee and foreign researchers must pay rent. At present，these charges are as follows:
Boarding Fees for Students
Type of accommodation Boarding fee (per month) Single Unit ￥4,700 Couple's Unit ￥11,900 Family Unit ￥14,200
Rents for Researchers
Type of accommodation Rent Per month Per day Single Unit ￥9,600 ￥320 Couple's Unit ￥20,400 ￥680 Family Unit ￥30,300 ￥1,010
- Boarding fees and rents are to be paid by automatic direct debit from the resident's bank account on the 18th of each month（on the former business day when the 18th falls on a holiday）.
Residents should ensure there are sufficient funds in the account on the day previous to the payment day.
When moving in or leaving the House in the middle of a month， the full boarding fees for that month shall be payable; in the case of rents ， the amount payable shall be calculated on a daily basis as follows:（daily rent）×（number of days residence）．
- Once paid，boarding fees and rents cannot be refunded．
- Boarding fees and rents may be changed in accordance with revisions of therelevant rules of the University.
If the revision is in effect, new schedule for boarding fees and rents will be applied.
Utility and Other Charges
Residents must pay for the electricity， gas， and water used in their living accommodation.
Also, all residents have to pay maintenance fee (\1,100 yen/-month; general maintenance fee, fire & damage insurance/group policy, Japan Broadcasting Cooperation (NHK) fee/group contract, bank transfer fee for payments).
For electricity， residents should enter into an agreement directly with Kansai Electric Power Co. and pay their charges individually by automatic direct debit from their bank account.
For gas and water，a member of the University staff will check the meters at the end of each month. The charges payable will be notified to residents on about the 10th of the following month，and should be paid by automatic direct debit on the 18th of the same month for gas charges, and on the 18th of evey other month for bimonthly water fee（on the former business day when the 18th falls on a holiday）
- # All residents should open regular bank accounts at Minato Bank the University appointed, where boarding, water, gas, and maintenance fee will be withdrawn by automatic direct debit.