Qualifications for Residence and Procedures for Moving in and Leaving
- Qualifications for Residence
- Application for Residence
- Permission for Residence
- Moving in
- Period of Residence
- Extending the Period of Residence
- Leaving Procedures
- Final Check
- Cancellation of Permission for Residence
- Requiring Residents to Leave
Qualifications for Residence
Persons who satisfy one of the following criteria are eligible for residence:
- Overseas students studying in the University （except students of specific subjects）
- Foreign researchers engaged in teaching and/or research at the University
- Other persons approved by the President
Application for Residence
Persons wishing to reside in the House must submit a completed Application for Student Housing and a Record of Circumstances for Selection for Student Housing to the Student Support Team of the Student Support Division by the day specified elsewhere.
Permission for Residence
After being considered by the Student Affairs Committee ， applications for residence are either approved or rejected by the President.
If accepted，a Residence Permit is issued to the applicant.
- Persons granted permission for residence should move into the House within the first ten days of the permitted period of residence.
- The time of moving in should be within the working hours of the HouseOffice．
Moving in on Saturdays，Sundays，and national or University holidays is not possible.
- Persons granted permission for residence need to complete the following procedures:
- Obtain a key of the living accommodation，which is available from the Foreign Students and International Exchange Team of the Student Support Division
- Fill out a Notification of Moving into Accommodation, in International House and， after inspecting the accommodation， fill out the reverse side of the same form Defects Noted in Accommodation. When both sides of the form have been completed， it should be submitted to the Student Support Team of the Student Support Division.
- Check the fittings and equipment in the living accommodation，sign a Certificate of Loaned Articles，and submit it to the Foreign Students and International Exchange Team of the Student Support Division.
- Immediately after moving into the House， submit a Certificate of Transfer of Residence to the Student Support Team of the Student Support Division（if the resident is non-Japanese，a copy of his/her Alien Registration Card should be submitted instead）．
Period of Residence
The period of residence will be for not more than one year.
Residents who desire to extend their period of residence should carry out the extension procedures（see below）．
The permitted period of residence is stated in the Residence Permit.
Extending the Period of Residence
Residents who desire to extend their period of residence should submit a completed Application for Student Housing （Appended Form No．1） to the Student Support Team of the Student Support Division at least one month before the date of expiration of the current period of residence.
The period of residence will only be extended if there is a special reason to do so.
- Residents who wish to leave the House before the end of the permitted period of residence should submit an Application to Leave Student Housing（Appended Form No．5）to the Student Support Team of the Student Support Division in advance.
- Residents leaving the House at the expiration of the permitted period of residence should submit a Notification of Leaving Student Housing（Appended Form No．6）to the Student Support Team of the Student Support Division in advance.
- Residents leaving the House must fill out a Repairs to be Indicated during the Final Check form，submit it to the Student Support Team of the Student Support Division in advance，and arrange a day for the final check.
Residents leaving the House must clean and tidy their accommodation，and be present for a final check of fittings and equipment in the accommodation on the day arranged in advance. Residents are required to restore their accommodation to its original state if instructed to do so after the final check.
Before leaving，residents must pay outstanding boarding fees or rent， if any，and all other outstanding charges ， and return the key of their living accommodation，telephone card，and multi-purpose hall user card.
The time of the final check shall be within the working hours of the House Office． Final checks cannot be made on Saturdays，Sundays，and national or University holidays.
Cancellation of Permission for Residence
If a person granted permission for residence fails to complete the moving-in procedures， does not move into the House within the moving-in period，or is found to have given false information on his／her application forms，permission for residence may be cancelled.
Requiring Residents to Leave
Residents who come under the provisions of Articles 22 or 23 of the Hyogo University of Teacher Education Student Housing Regulations will be required to leave the House.